Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Bellator 180

Date:
Bellator 180

So anyone actually planning on paying for a PPV headlined by Sonnen & Wanderlei?

http://thesportsdaily.com/mma-manifesto/bellator-180-headed-to-ppv-madison-square-garden/

The Supreme Leader of The MMA Manifesto,

Jeff Fox

RTL

Date:

I love this fight, and with Emelianenko-Mitrione as the co-headliner, it's probably going to be well worth the money. But I think the PPV experiment probably won't be successful, and we'll likely see Affliction-esque numbers despite a pretty stacked non-UFC card. And then you add the fact that outside of running promos / commercials on Spike TV, Bellator has historically had poor marketing, and it's even difficult to track free Spike TV events.

If I were Coker, I would've instead split it up into two free shows with Silva-Sonnen headlining one, and Emelianenko-Mitrione the other, but I could be wrong, and the PPV might be relatively successful for Bellator. I hope it is, and they can generate the necessary revenue to continue cultivating a competitive marketplace for fighters.

Date:

As much as I would like to watch Sonnen vs. Wanderlei and Emelianenko vs. Mitrione, there is no way I am going to buy this PPV in 2017. If this was back in the day when these guys were in their prime, then I probably would pay to watch the event.

Interested to see what more they add to this though.

-- Edited by MidnightRider on Tuesday 21st of March 2017 09:25:51 PM

Date:

Could depend on what they charge for the show. If it's the full UFC price, they aren't going to get many buys. Under 100,000 I bet.

The Supreme Leader of The MMA Manifesto,

Jeff Fox

Date:

I agree. Nobody is paying 50-60 for this card. On the other hand, if it's like 30-35, and you add Bader/Davis and MVP/Larkin, I might dabble

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.