Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: What's wrong with Jackson-Wink?

Date:
What's wrong with Jackson-Wink?

I think we'd all agree that the coaching at Jackson-Wink is among the best (if not THE best) in all of MMA, so how come they haven't been winning any fights in the UFC over the past two years?

http://thesportsdaily.com/mma-manifesto/2017-mma-fight-camp-team-standings-march-update/

The Supreme Leader of The MMA Manifesto,

Jeff Fox

RTL

Date:

WTF? I would've never guessed that Jackson-Wink were doing that bad. They need Jones back in a bad way to boost them up, but I honestly won't be surprised if Cormier wins the rematch (especially if Jones looks like he did in the OSP fight after another long layoff). Overeem lost to Miocic, Holm is on a three-fight losing streak, it really has been a lackluster couple of years.

Date:

Maybe all their fighters are just aging out?

Jeff Fox

Date:

That is surprising. It doesn't seem like that long ago when they were the premier fight camp. Having GSP, Jon Jones and Carlos Condit in their prime sure helped. If all 3 come back and can still fight at a high level, they might rack up some wins.

Date:

I think some of the issue with them looking so bad though is that they are not the strict place they used to be. It used to be if people trained there, that was their camp. They stayed there, they got better there. Now people move in and out of that camp like an elevator. Overeem was training at Blackzilians then back, then gone again. Clay Guida is technically Team Alpha Male, but he still pops in.

I just think the pure Team JW peeps are less now and that could be affecting overall skill levels.

Date:

Good point. Even Cerrone trains at his ranch now.

-- Edited by The MMA Manifesto on Wednesday 22nd of March 2017 02:55:05 PM

Jeff Fox

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse